Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Overnight Bag(s) (s) (s)

As I was packing my overnight bag last night I felt like I was packing for a weeklong vacation for me, Tim and Katelyn. According to the literature I have read and the “must haves for overnight bag” lists I have found on the Internet, apparently one cannot survive the two-day hospital stay without the following:

• Robe
• 2 front-buttoning nightgowns
• Warm socks
• 4-5 pairs of underwear
• Bra
• Nursing Bra
• Nursing Pads
• Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, deodorant
• Hairbrush and hair ties
• Change for vending machine
• 2 Pillows – one for me and one for Tim
• Slippers
• Going home outfit for me
• Camera with extra batteries
• Important phone numbers
• Insurance card
• Water bottles
• Cell phone charger
• Spare blanket for Tim (apparently hospitals won’t provide them for spouses)
• Change of clothes for Tim
• Snacks for Tim – I thought that’s what the change was for?!!
• Portable DVD player
• Three diapers for KP
• Baby wipes
• Undershirt for KP
• Nightgown and socks for KP
• Receiving blanket
• Going home outfit for KP


All of my "necessities"

Items me and Tim can't live without!

Tim's overnight loot!

Katelyn's overnight stuff...how cute...and PINK!

And, since it was such a short list of “must haves” I thought I’d pack a few extra “necessities” for myself:


• Hair Dryer – Anyone who knows me knows I can’t go a day without it!!
• Flat iron – Ditto on the flat iron!
• Magazines – “O” Magazine, Us Weekly, Glamour, etc.
• A couple going home outfits to choose from…ya never know what I’ll feel like wearing the day we go home!
• Make-up – I don’t want to scare KP when she looks into my eyes for the very first time
• Sound Machine – Since there isn’t going to be much “background” noise…HA!


All three of our overnight necessities

After I gathered all the necessities, it was apparent that not one, not two, but THREE overnight bags would be required for my 2 night stay! Look out Huntsville Hospital, we’re movin' in!!!


Yep, Tim might have to make two trips :)

Of course, Tallie & Tucker want to come too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flat iron! Think pony tale holder or better yet, ball cap. :)